Why is prospecting always the first thing that gets dropped out of an ideal week?
We start the year full of great intentions with call blocks neatly in every day - but before you know it - whooska there is always something more important to do.
The answer is pretty simple - most sales people are high 'I' personalities - this means they are fast paced and people people. Did you know the greatest fear of a high I is rejection? So now it becomes clear why most sales people actually hate prospecting.
But, with a shifting economy - it is going to be more and more important for sales people to be able to generate their own business as leads and deals become scarcer across all industries.
My tip today is if you are a sales person or manage sales people is to create a shift in mindset.
1. Don't try and go overboard - remember even 30 minutes extra each day will add up to 2.5 hours every week.
2. Treat the time as a sales appointment - you would not take a call, or book another appointment if you were doing a pitch or deal - so treat this time as a sales appointment with yourself.
3. Be clear on how you can add value and be clear on the outcome.
4. Start with some easy calls to build up your rejection resilience
5. Always leave with a clear next step - even if that is just permission to call again.
Hope this helps and have a great day.
If you need help, feel free to give me a call on 0416 205 017.